We are back to weekend again and in this blog post I will be sharing my current breakfast favourite (that I eat while writing this blog 🙂 ). If you have read my previous blog on being nice to your body I said that I started the process by eating healthier. So I thought I would also share what I ate to start my day on the weekend.
I work full time, Monday to Friday and that is why I really treasure my weekends because I can sleep in for a little more and take my time eating my breakfast. In Melbourne, brunch , shortened from Breakfast and Lunch, is very popular and there are many restaurants that do brunch menu till late in the day (because everyone love to have the options to have breakfast all day?). So, if you are from Melbourne, and just recently visited a nice brunch place, do let me know! I’d love to try If I haven’t already done so.
Without further a-do, let’s make ourselves some good breakfast shall we?
Added AOx (Antioxidant) Breakfast by Zendiurnal:
- Blueberries (TIPS: buy frozen ones if you consider fresh ones as expensive), or chopped up peaches, banana, or apples is ok too!
- Goji berries. I bought mine in Asian groceries store and always make sure to wash it before eating. Goji berries has a very distinct taste that not everyone likes, so you can try small amount of it first, and if you don’t like it feel free to omit this.
- Honey Poppas – BEWARE THEY ARE ADDICTIVE
- Rice Puffs- I bought Homebrand poppas and rice puffs from Woolworth. They are nice to be eaten on its own.
- Yogurt- I love vanilla flavour yogurt. Preferably the ones that is not too sweet.
- Cinnamon powder (feel free to omit if you don’t like it)
I didn’t put measurements as to how much you should put because everyone is a chef for their own food. Put all of the ingredients in a bowl, layer-per-layer if you want it to look easthetically beautiful, but really, it is your bowl of breakfast so you can do anything you want with it.
I personally looooveee eating pretty food, hence I put more effort on mine. My end result looks like this:
I also had Oolong tea today.. for EXTRA antioxidant.
I hope this blog can be useful for those whose looking for easy and healthy breakfast option.
Till my next blog // Irene